I thought about blogging more about hair business these past few days but didn’t want to bore you. So here is a 10 random hair facts instead.
- The average person has 100,000-150,000 strands of hair. A natural blonde usually has more hair strands then dark or red heads. Towheads generally have 120,000 strands; brunettes or dark blondes have 100,000; and red-heads average 80,000 strands.
- On average, you shed around 50-150 strands of hair a day.
- Hair is the second fastest growing tissue in the body after bone marrow.
- Beauty can take time. The average time a woman spends to wash, dry and style her hair is 1 hour and 53 minutes a week. By the time she is 65, she will have spent 7 months of her life doing her hair.
- A Healthy strand of hair can stretch an additional 30% when it’s wet. which is why wet hair is the most fragile.
- A new hair begins to grow as soon as it is plucked from its follicle.
- At different times, 90% of hair is growing, while the other 10% is resting.
- On average, hair grows .3mm – .5mm per day, 1.25 centimeters or 0.5 inches per month, and 6 inches per year.
- When we are cold or scared, goosbumps (also known as arrectorpili muscles-my favorite word) contract or form. Hence also pushing out more of the hair from its follicle that has not broken the surface yet.
- Hair is made up of mostly keratin, whichcan also be found on the outer layer of our skin and nails.
And there you have it. Some simple, fun facts about hair.
I hope you have a wonderful week and will see you all next week. Stay tuned.
Loves to all my Loves,